As Executive Producer/Anchor of Football Now, a weekly Euronews show, Sam covered both the Men's FIFA World Cup in Qatar and the Women's FIFA World Cup in Australia. Previously, Sam was often found reporting outside football stadiums and training grounds in the North West for Premier League Productions. Lincoln born with Iraqi heritage, Sam graduated with a degree in Journalism in 2013 before moving to Liverpool to work on the news team at LFCTV. In the summer of 2017, Sam moved to an on-screen role at the Club, regularly presenting studio shows and reporting from the Melwood
training ground. Sam is proud to be a part of Jon Holmes Media alongside some of the industry's leading names.
SPORTS MEDIA PROFESSIONAL
(July 2021 - Present)
Responsible for the researching, planning and delivery of a weekly football show on Europe's most-watched news channel.
* Hosts the show for a watching worldwide audience
* Interviews leading figures within the world of football
* Lead produces football output at Euronews' Doha bureau
* Reported on-location at recent men's and women's FIFA World Cups
Premier League Productions (August 2019 - July 2021)
Part of the PL Today team broadcasting to over 180 countries worldwide
* Send live reports from Premier League training grounds and stadiums
* Conduct sit-down interviews with players ready for air
* Produce, script and edit packages ready for air
PRESENTER / REPORTER
Liverpool FC (July 2017 - July 2019)
A host and news reporter for LFCTV with a reach of
* Regularly present studio shows such a Premier League Review, Press Box and LFC News
* Compere events with leading Club figures such as Peter Moore CEO and Jurgen Klopp
* Conduct, produce and edit reports from the Melwood training ground
NEWS ASSISTANT PRODUCER
Liverpool FC (Feb 2015 - July 2017)
A production member of the daily LFC News show team
* Plan and conduct interviews with leading Club figures for LFC's news programme
* Script, edit and voice packages for LFC News
* Lead-produce regular studio shows such as LFC News, The Academy and Press Box
Fox Sports Asia, William Hill Radio, TSN (July 2013 - Feb 2015)
Part of production for Premier League outside-broadcasts, host for In-Play Radio and reporter
* Assist commentators by compiling statistic packs and providing in-game statistics
* Assist the studio producer by establishing positive connections between the outside broadcast team and the studio base in Mumbai
* Part of the broadcast team for William Hill's live audio service, reporting and commentating on sports events
The72.co.uk. (July 2013 - Feb 2015)
Founder and editor of a dedicated Football League website with over 1 million unique monthly views
* Launched a website with over 10 paid writing positions
* Wrote, sub-edited and edited content based on the 72 English Football League teams
* Established relationships with EFL clubs by sourcing accreditation and sending reporters to stadiums on a matchday
Sam has hosted numerous events with key figures including Liverpool manager, Jurgen Klopp and CEO Peter Moore. He has also hosted fan events across the world including at the Big House in Michigan, USA and in-front of 10,000 sports fans in Jarkarta city centre, Indonesia.
LINCOLN CITY FOOTBALL CLUB
Sam has also produced and directed three films for Lincoln City based on their recent, record-breaking achievements.
A Club Reborn
After a League 2-winning season, the Club commissioned Lincoln City: A Club Reborn based on three successful campaigns. Lead by Danny and Nicky Cowley alongside first-team squad members, the film boasts five exclusive features shot on Sony FS7's and Red Dragon cams and includes every league goal from the 2018/19 season.
Impossible Is Just An Opinion
After describing 'impossible' as just 'opinion' before the Club's history-making defeat of Burnley in the FA Cup, Lincoln City would go on to have their most successful season ever. The first of the three films, Impossible Is Just Opinion premiered at the Lincoln Odeon and reached an overnight high of number 5 on the Amazon worldwide DVD chart.
Lincoln City's Checkatrade Trophy run led to the Club's first ever visit to Wembley along with 27,000 other Imps fans. Wembley Winners follows that journey to the final with every goal in the competition and the subsequent success that followed the 1-0 defeat of Shrewsbury including behind the scenes footage and interviews with fans.
In 2013, Sam co-founded The72, a website covering every club in the English Football League. Amassing over 1 million unique views a month, the site became one of the biggest of its kind, publishing regular news/feature articles and match reports from over 100 writers.